:: Season of L.O.V.E ::

November 28, 2006

THE END


Finally another semester had past. This semester is a much more fulfilling and enriching semester then the previous two. I have learnt a lot of things this semester, especially in the craft of making a film.

Last week has been hectic, exams, assignment due date, screening and last but not least fly by night. The film screening was a hit, for the very first time the school auditorium are full with people. People claps & cheer when one by one we went up to the stage to give a speech. However, somehow deep within me, I don’t feel the excitement at all… seriously funny? I don’t know why…

Fly by night, seriously a fun time making films and experimental with it. Together with Jeff, Michael, Jit and I did a funny yet very technical and conceptual film. Love it much more then my short film… haha… but we did not win any of the prizes. However, at least 3/5 of the ADM teams won. We are just as happy… yah…

Today have a really deep thought and reflection on this semester and what I am going to do in coming semester and beyond… Started to lost confidence with myself… initially I hope that the film production and editing could help me set a good start to boost my morale and confidence, however it turn out to be another way round…

Been in a moody state and feeling lost yet again… thinking wildly and not knowing what should I do next… however, still manage to clear my thoughts… I don’t like to see my short film… it is emotionally too depressing for me… the film does not speaks about me… seriously I failed in terms of concept… after looking at almost 70plus short films in 1 week, I came to realize a very important thing…

“A Good Film is one that has a Good Story & Concept that connects the audience. Technical Skill comes later.”
- Danny

Also I do really respect the winner for the best short film by Elgin Ho. His story was great. He pitches the story during the narrative class and I was touched by it. I tell myself if he were going to film it, it will definitely be a hit. His film is the one that I am so eager to see during the editing period. Because I know it will be good. He said

“There is no such thing as a B grade movie because only a true filmmaker will understand that every frame in a film is accompanied by sweat and blood!”
- Elgin

I am truly inspired by what Elgin has said and I came out with my own thoughts… I tell myself that I am going to produce films that I like and enjoy making. It is only then I will be able show my drive, passion and unique style in my work.

Lastly, I will really want to congratulate to all Film student that everyone had seriously done a good job. For most of them, it is their first short film and yet they have pull thru a great work. Scott is a great professor and we are happy to have him. Not forgetting Jan and Lilian. ADM seriously Film ROCKZ big time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home