:: Season of L.O.V.E ::

September 29, 2007

Shooting Season...


It’s the time of the year that shooting will be going on for weeks. I have been through a 5 day of film shoot since Monday. Gone for the Thaiindie film workshop at NUS on Monday and Tuesday. It was really a good experience there talking and sharing film experience and knowledge with the Thai film makers and film students from other schools.

Something I learn from the Thai filmmakers are they focus on their story a lot and really putting personal feelings and connection into their films, without the means of High-end or good equipment. Personally, as a film student in school, I should really focus on the story telling and make use of what ever the school has to enhance my story. There’s no point to have a film with beautiful shots but sucky content. The film should tell something that the director wishes to convey.

“In a production, the film belongs to the film-maker. At a screening, the film belongs to each individual Audience.”

From Wednesday to Friday, is my 2nd short film production. Finally after a hard long 2 month of planning, it’s time to make convert my idea into visual. Everything goes rather smoothly, the crews were fantastic, we know each other very well and have a fun time shooting. The cast were marvelous, really glad to get Wanhui and Yisheng to help me. I believe I have cast them right. I really spent quite sometime to find my cast.

However, something that I learnt from this shoot is that, I take it for granted that since there is not much dialogue, I did not really rehearse much with my cast before the shoot. Another reason is due to time constraint as it is quite hard to get my cast for one day of rehearsal and there are a lot of other things to settle as well. Well, guess this is something that I need to improve on, learn how to communicate my idea effectively to my cast. I need more of directing class!!! Lilian!!!! Where are you????? Haha…

A very big thank you for the help from my crew and cast. You guys are great. Hope that I have been a good director, if not please do give me feedback so I can improve on it. I’m seriously looking to improve my directing in the next shoot. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home