:: Season of L.O.V.E ::

January 21, 2006

Farewell to CPT Lim BK

Today, gone back to SAFTI OCS Charlie Wing for a farewell party to my respectable PC LTA Lim, NO! Should be CPT Lim... haha... He had been a very good "father" to me and the platoon. Always respect him as a person and really thanks for what he had taught us during our cadet’s day. He really inspires most of us and teaches us the ways in treating people and problems. The day I commision as an officer, I tell myself I want to be someone like him and I feel that I had done pretty well to gain the trust of the peopel working under me in my unit... all thanks to him

The route back to wingline…

Took the route from SAFTI gate to Wingline, memories flow back when I was a cadet. Every time book in need to march in in with my black pants and white shirt, by the time reaches my bunk already sweating... haha

Then went walk pass the parade square, saw the SAFTI Tower, where I also can seen from NTU... haha... reminds me of the first day orientation that I run up the tower.

Walk pass the swimming pool, recall back of jumping from the platform 5 meter in height, in No.4, early in the morning at 4a.m... Shivering

Eat my dinner at cadet mess, egg noodle with chicken chop and root beer float, the best food in the mess where I used to eat when having night break as a cadet. It just brings back memories.

Saw the common area, remember where I fall in and sit, taking strength and listening to tons of craps and instructions from the wing cadet appointment holder.

Walk through level 2, take a look at my bunk and corridor, where we clean our rifles, do our area cleaning, talk cock, play punk…

Saw the Platoon Assault Course Flag that we designed, surprisingly still intact on the notice board, remember of the last assault we did where I was the Cadet Platoon sergeant…

Saw the new cadets, reminds me of the days we Charlie wing Platoon 2 training and playing together… Those were the days...

Times flies, I have already spent almost 2 years of my national service since the day I enlisted and now disrupted from the army. However, BMT, OCS and my tour in unit seems like it happen not very long ago... Now study in NTU already... everytime saw the link bridge and SAFTI tower just make me think back about the days as cadets... These memories are really there for me… never forget the time I had in OCS… How I wish we could be together again on a mission, just ONCE, as 2LT and LTA… the feeling will definitely be different…

I think that’s all I have to write though I have a lot of thoughts in my mind… Anyway, here are some pictures taken today at Charlie Wing, a place where it used to be my second home...

Charlie Wing
Farewell to CPT LIM BK

The Charlie Spirit

"Once a Charlie, Always a Charlie"
"The Charlie Spirit will always be with us!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home